Start Your Search
P1.01 - Poster Session/ Treatment of Advanced Diseases – NSCLC (ID 206)
- Event: WCLC 2015
- Type: Poster
- Track: Treatment of Advanced Diseases - NSCLC
- Presentations: 1
- Coordinates: 9/07/2015, 09:30 - 17:00, Exhibit Hall (Hall B+C)
P1.01-063 - Efficacy and Safety of Erlotinib in Squamous Cell Lung Cancer (ID 1327)
09:30 - 17:00 | Author(s): M. Korsic
Erlotinib is epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) tyrosine-kinase inhibitor which showed efficacy and tolerability in patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC), especially in patients which harbor activating mutations in EGFR. However, erlotinib also showed efficafy in patient with unknown or wild type EGFR mutation status. The iam of the study was to determine safety and efficacy of erlotinib in patients with advanced (stage IIIB and IV) squamous NSCLC.
patients with advanced squamous NSCLC who had failed prior chemotherapy were treated with oral erlotinib 150 mg daily until disease progression or unaccaptable toxicity. Data was analyzed retrospectively.
a total of 122 patients (107 men and 15 women, mean age 62±8 years) with advanced squamous NSCLC were enrolled in the study from 2006 to 2012 in 14 centers throughout Croatia. More than 50% of patients were active smokers at time of enrollment. Most of the patients had performance status ECOG 1 and 2 (91%). Vast majority of patients were treated with erlotinib in third line setting. After cycle 2, 10% of patients had partial response (PR), and 45% of patients had stable diseases. In total, 55% of patients had disease control after cycle 2. Progression free survival (PFS) was 3.7 months in overall population. Statistically significant differences in PFS were recorded according to response to treatment; patients with PR after two cycles had PFS of 6.2 months comparing to patients with progressive disease (PFS 2.0 months, p<0.001). Patients with better ECOG status (ECOG 1 and 2) had trend to improved PFS (3.8 vs 1.9 months) compared to ECOG 2 and patients with rash after cycle 2 also showed trend to improved PFS (4.1 vs 2.4 months) compared to no rash. There were no grade 3 and 4 toxicities noticed during the study. Overall survival in our study was meaningfully prolonged.
erlotinib as a single agent showed efficacy in treatment of patients with squamous cell lung cancer without significant toxicities. The best predictive factor of response to treatment was response to erlotinib after 2 months of treatment.
Only Active Members that have purchased this event or have registered via an access code will be able to view this content. To view this presentation, please login or select "Add to Cart" and proceed to checkout.